Quantcast

[Cherokee] Cherokee API?

pub crawler
Is there currently any functionality in Cherokee or sitting around
that others have developed for API-like functionality for Cherokee?

Have a need to do repetitive creation of web profiles/configs for
Cherokee.  Basically adding a new site.  Would like to automate that
for time reasons and to eliminate human error.

Anyone know of a solution for this sort of thing for Cherokee?

Thanks!

Re: [Cherokee] Cherokee API?

Stefan de Konink

Re: [Cherokee] Cherokee API?

pub crawler
Is wizzards2 a real actual being worked on thing?

Any approximate general availability of this much needed addon?

(promise to stop chattering about it beyond there :) )

Re: [Cherokee] Cherokee API?

Voltron
An API would be great. Sometimes I would like to automate a few things
too when deploying. Maybe this is the reason why several cloud
services prefer Nginx?

Where exactly is this file Jedrzej? Icould not find it under usr/share/
cherokke/admin

On Jan 23, 7:57 am, Jedrzej Nowak <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It already exists :) just chceck admin code and there is a config.py file
> which can (and in fact is) handle cherokee.conf file :)
> 21-01-2012 03:57 użytkownik "Daniel Lo Nigro" <[hidden email]> napisał:
>

> > An API would be a very good idea, but in the mean time it may be possible
> > to pull some of the configuration reading/writing code from Cherokee-Admin
> > into a separate library (or whatever Python calls them) and just access the
> > config file directly?
>
> > On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 8:22 AM, pub crawler <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
> >> Is there currently any functionality in Cherokee or sitting around
> >> that others have developed for API-like functionality for Cherokee?
>
> >> Have a need to do repetitive creation of web profiles/configs for
> >> Cherokee.  Basically adding a new site.  Would like to automate that
> >> for time reasons and to eliminate human error.
>
> >> Anyone know of a solution for this sort of thing for Cherokee?
>
> >> Thanks!

Re: [Cherokee] Cherokee API?

Jędrzej Nowak
https://github.com/cherokee/CTK/blob/6ecc85260fe2e539574278876dce9dd0da77050b/CTK/Config.py

Pozdrawiam
Jędrzej Nowak

On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 8:15 AM, Voltron <[hidden email]> wrote:

> An API would be great. Sometimes I would like to automate a few things
> too when deploying. Maybe this is the reason why several cloud
> services prefer Nginx?
>
> Where exactly is this file Jedrzej? Icould not find it under usr/share/
> cherokke/admin
>

> On Jan 23, 7:57 am, Jedrzej Nowak <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> It already exists :) just chceck admin code and there is a config.py file
>> which can (and in fact is) handle cherokee.conf file :)
>> 21-01-2012 03:57 użytkownik "Daniel Lo Nigro" <[hidden email]> napisał:
>>

>> > An API would be a very good idea, but in the mean time it may be possible
>> > to pull some of the configuration reading/writing code from Cherokee-Admin
>> > into a separate library (or whatever Python calls them) and just access the
>> > config file directly?

Re: [Cherokee] Cherokee API?

Alvaro Lopez Ortega
On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 11:17 PM, pub crawler <[hidden email]> wrote:
Is wizzards2 a real actual being worked on thing?

Any approximate general availability of this much needed addon?

There are a couple of wizards already working, but it is under development.

--
Greetings, alo
http://www.octality.com/